Frank Kestler obtained his D.D.S. degree in 1987 from NYU College of Dentistry in NY, NY. Initially, he practiced dentistry in Queens County and the Bronx, NY. In 1993, he began working as a Dentist on Eastern Long Island. Today, he is proud to be able to offer his patients the convenience of his services in two locations. He currently has practices located in Mattituck and Shelter Island.
- Among the professional memberships Dr. Kestler holds are; American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, the Suffolk County Dental Society, & the New York State Dental Association.
- Former Deputy, Medical Examiner's Office, Queens County - Forensic Dentistry
- A Dental Officer (Colonel) in the United States Army Reserves, presently stationed at the 4220th United States Army Hospital located in Shoreham, NY.
- A sports enthusiast, Dr. Kestler has run in the Army 10 miler six times in Washington, DC and the LI half marathon once.
Dr. Kestler is a memeber of the American Dental Association and the following
Academy of General Dentistry
The Association of Military Surgeons of the United States
New York State Dental Association
Suffolk County Dental Society
Reserve Officers Association
Military Officers Association of America
Dimitrios (Jimmy) Kilimitzoglou DDS, MAGD, FICOI.
Dr. Dimitrios "Jimmy" Kilimitzoglou graduated from the State University of New York, School of Dental Medicine at Stony Brook in 2002. Dr. Kilimitzoglou completed a two year residency program in Advanced Education in General Dentistry at SUNY Stony Brook where he obtained extensive surgical and restorative implant training. He attended a one year Oral Implantology program at NYU College of Dentistry.
- Dr. Kilimitzoglou is a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry and a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantology and a two year orthodontic continuum with the United States Dental Institute. Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology/ Implant dentistry, a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, a Fellow of the Long Island Academy of Odontology, a Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy and a Fellow of the American College of Dentists.
- Among the many professional memberships that Dr. Kilimitzoglou holds are: American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, Suffolk County Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, International Congress of Oral Implantology, Academy of Osseointegration, and Dental Organization in Conscious Sedation and American Dental Society of Anesthesia
- Dr. Kilimitzoglou is a Major in the Air National Guard/ Air Force and a member of the 106th Medical Group, 106th Rescue Wing at Westhampton Beach, NY.
- Dr. Kilimitzoglou is also a Clinical Associate Professor at Stony Brook University, School of Dental Medicine, the Vice President of the Suffolk County Dental Society, co- chairperson of the Give Kids A Smile program and the chairperson of the Education Committee in Suffolk County. His main focus when treating patients is advanced dental care with genuine compassion, attention to detail and special emphasis on comfort.
Michael B. Salkin DDS
Dr. Salkin joined Dr. Kestler's Office in 2014 after gaining valuable experience as an associate dentist in the New York City area. A Brooklyn native, Dr. Salkin graduated from Stony Brook University with a Bachelor degree in Health Science, and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from New York University College of Dentistry. Dr. Salkin completed his General Practice Residency at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn where he received extensive dental training working with patients of all ages.
Memberships: New York State Dental Association (NYSDA), Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
Dr. Petersen has a long history with the office of Dr. Frank Kestler. Dr. Petersen started her dental career as a dental assistant, assisting Dr. Kestler and Dr. Kilimitzoglou along with aspiring to become a dentist herself. After completing her studies at University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine with academic honors, Dr. Petersen attended a general practice residency at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, NY. Her love of dentistry emanates to the children and adults she treats. Dr. Petersen enjoys giving back to the community through her involvement in dental outreach programs that help provide emergency care to an underserved population. We are very proud to have her as a team member!
Memberships: American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association and the Suffolk County Dental Society